And literally make dreams come true.
Your support helps us bring our inspirational message to the world. We’ve helped thousands of people dream and launch their dream into the world. And — Yes! — it makes a difference. It has helped fund the make-a-book project, school visits, and book donations across the world, like Argentina, Paraguay, Kenya, thousands of kids here at home. And we’ve inspired untold adults. Not least of all it keeps the website online and Scott feeling motivated. I love nothing more than getting emails from our fans telling us of the dreams that they have made a reality.
Thanks to everyone that has helped us make dreams come true for the past 22 years!
To be honest, I need your help.
Fan mail keeps the passion burning late into the night but, unfortunately, it does not keep the lights on. To be honest, I broke the piggy bank on this website and my career as an author; but, I also feel strongly that my hard-won lessons should be free to the world. I believe in what I do and am hopeful to once again, with your help, reach a sustainable level.
Free acts of kindness
Money is great, but my biggest opportunities have come from word of mouth. One person talks to another person that talks to another person and, suddenly, we are donating thousands of books. And, as I said, fan mail is like gold. One of the ironies of being an author an adventurer is that I’m often alone and don’t get much feedback.
- Share. It’s free. It spreads our message. And it builds our audience. One of our main goals is to gather enough fans to reach critical mass.
- Subscribe. Join our newsletter, Facebook, Twitter or YouTube feeds so that you don’t miss any of the latest news. And, yep, like it or not, people give a lot of credibility to websites with bigger audiences. It also helps us attract sponsors. We know your inbox is stuffed full, so we only send occasional news. Scott is too busy write newsletters and you are probably too busy to read them.
- Leave a book review. See links below. Yes, people do judge a book by its cover and the number of reviews.
- Recommend Scott. Chances are you know somebody that knows somebody. Scott’s slideshows and inspirational talks have inspired thousands. Scott is available for interviews with the media, to speak at events, attend book clubs, visit schools and more. One of Scott’s dreams is to do a national TED talk.
- Send some words of encouragement. If you have found my work beneficial. Please send me an email. Seriously, these are like gold to me.
- Leave a comment at the bottom of the story or on a Facebook post.
- Organize an event, like a book club or school visit.
As much as I don’t like to admit it, what makes this world go around is money. And, like my dad said, “Scott, as much as I admire what you do, they don’t take inspiration at the grocery store.”
- Buy Scott a cup of coffee. You can make a small one-time donation on Paypal.Me
- Make a reoccurring monthly donation on Paypal. Knowing I get a monthly allowance helps me focus on creating meaningful content.
- Buy a book for a friend. If you visit our shop, we bet you’ll find something you like. Books signed by the author make great gifts. You can also pay a book forward to a child in need.
- Amazon Wishlist. You can send Scott a gift from Scott’s Amazon Wishlist. It can be an anonymous donation or you can send a note. Either way, it’s a fun surprise for me, like a random act of kindness.
- Affiliate programs. You can shop directly on Amazon. More info below.
- Sponsor an adventure. This is a big ask but it also has the biggest reward. My goal is for my adventures and the lessons learned to be entertaining, inspirational and educational and available for everyone to enrich their lives. See some examples here.
- Sponsor an article. A good article can take me a week to write. I do a lot of research, illustrate pictures and use my own photography. Perhaps we have a subject of mutual interest?
Thanks again. Your support means a lot to us.
Scott and friends
How to leave a review
These days people take reviews very seriously. Feel free to leave an unbiased review — pros and cons, good and bad — it all helps me write better books. Submit a review to your local paper or community newsletter (such as a bike club), favorite a book on Goodreads or leave a review on Amazon. You will need an active account and need to write at least one sentence.
Amazon review links:
- Dream It! Amazon Review Page
- Falling Uphill Amazon Review Page
- Falling Uphill: The Secret of Life Amazon Review Page
- Cayendo Hacia Arriba Amazon Review Page
- Ruby the Red Worm Amazon Review Page
- Cupcake Boy Amazon Review Page
- Mirabella the Monarch Amazon Review Page
- Request a review copy
Scott’s Amazon Affiliate program
I encourage you to buy direct when possible, but if you choose to shop online at Amazon, please click on the ad below. I’ll get a small percentage of whatever you buy — don’t worry, it doesn’t cost you extra. As an example, if you buy my book, I get an extra 76¢. Normally, that’s 76¢ is indirectly paid to pay someone else. The small amount I earn helps cover some expenses. Thanks! PS. I’ve been doing this since Amazon was just a bookstore.
If you made it this far…
You must be a super fan. Thanks again. Send us an email or comment. We’d love to hear from you. Here is a token of our appreciation. 25% off in our store. Enter the coupon code: SUPERFAN2.