Here are some of my favorite interviews. I feel honored to have shared my story will millions of people across the globe. My all-time favorites are the New York Times, San Francisco Chronicle and a full-page, 4-color story in the Milwaukee Journal. Some articles and interviews have been reprinted here.
Scott has expanded into other areas besides bicycling; in particular, taking his lessons from the road to help teach kids how to dream.
- Magination Press (APA). Increase Optimistic Thinking at Home: Part II
- Cincinnati Public Schools Blog. Parker Woods Montessori Helps UC Undergrads with Research.
- Psychology Today. How to Teach Kids to Dream in 3 Steps.
- Cincinnati Magazine.
- WGN Chicago
- KION Monterey Evening News
- WISC-TV Scott interview about the Dalai Lama’s visit.
- The Morning Blend
- Outdoor Wisconsin
- US Embassy TV, CN 23 and trip to Argentina
- Showcase Minnesota. (Archived.)
- WTHR Indianapolis News. (Archived.)
- Listen to some of Scott’s broadcasts here.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. The Larry Meiller Show.
- Around the World Radio. (Scott was a correspondent.)
- Sirius Radio. The Fitness Guru. (Archived.)
- Sustainable Futures
- Outside Magazine Online. (Archived here.)
- Canada.com. (Archived.)
- GearJunkie. The bike that went around the world.
- 12 personal travel websites that will make you quit your day job.
- 21 bicycle tourers share their best packing list advice from MightyGoods. (Archived here.)
- After 59 Countries, It’s Time to Share My Best Bikepacking Tips and Experiences. (Archived here.)
- And my story has been featured on hundreds of websites, like WOOW.bike. (Archived.)
- The Mankind Project. What does greatness ask of you?
- Dozens of miscellaneous online blogs, such as Sharing Travel Experiences or Bike Rumor.
Please see Scott’s YouTube channel for a media playlist.
Newspaper and Magazine
- The New York Times and the NYT slide show
- The San Francisco Chronicle
- The San Diego Tribune
- Infobae. (Reprinted in dozens of Latin American countries.)
- Korean Daily Economic
- The Buenos Aires Herald. Reprint.
- The Korean Economic Daily.
- The Milwaukee Journal. (My favorite full-page, 4c newspaper story; unfortunately, this story has been archived.)
However, the follow-up story is currently available. JSOnline.
- NUVO. Indy’s Alternative Voice.
- Santa Maria Times
- Scouting Magazine
- Silent Sports Magazine. A great interview and afterword.
- Bicycle Traveler Magazine.
Unfortunately, many newspaper and magazine stories have been archived and aren’t available online:
- The Cape Argus, Cape Town South, Africa. It’s been a long pedal.
- Momentum Magazine, Vancouver, Canada
- 24 Seven Magazine (Taiwan)
- The Edmonton Journal and Canada.com
- The San Francisco Examiner
- The Tribune
- The Waukesha Freeman
- The Milwaukee Magazine. Tour de Force.
- M Magazine. Have wheels, will travel.
- The Bay News (Morro Bay, CA)
- The Wanderer, Hostelling International
- And more
- “By the Seat of My Pants,” Lonely Planet. My journey was chronicled in the anthology edited by Don George.
- “Pedal Power: Inspirational Stories from the World of Cycling.”
- And, of course, my own Falling Uphill.
Partners and Sponsors
I’m working on making this section more presentable. Please see Partners and Sponsors.
- Wigwam Socks. Who inspires you? Newsletter and website. (Archived.)
- The San Diego International Hostel Association. Newsletter and website. (Archived.)
- Waterford Precision Cycles. Catalog front cover, newsletter and website. (Archived.)
- Dozens of newsletters for other events and sponsors.