Here are some of my favorite interviews. I feel honored to have shared my story will millions of people across the globe. My all-time favorites are the New York Times, San Francisco Chronicle and a full-page, 4-color story in the Milwaukee Journal. Some articles and interviews have been reprinted here.
Scott has expanded into other areas besides bicycling, in particular, taking his lessons from the road to help teach kids how to dream.
- Magination Press (an imprint of the American Psychological Association). Helping Your Young Child Feel and Understand Their Feelings.
- Cincinnati Public Schools Blog. Parker Woods Montessori Helps UC Undergrads with Research.
- Psychology Today. How to Teach Kids to Dream in 3 Steps.
- Cincinnati Magazine. Scott Stoll Wants to go to Mars and Never Come Back.
- WGN Chicago
- KION Monterey Evening News
- WISC-TV Scott interview about the Dalai Lama’s visit.
- The Morning Blend
- Outdoor Wisconsin
- US Embassy TV, CN 23 and trip to Argentina
- Showcase Minnesota. (Archived.)
- WTHR Indianapolis News. (Archived.)
- Listen to some of Scott’s broadcasts here.
- Around the World Radio. (Scott was a radio correspondent aka the Bicycling Ambassador.)
- Wisconsin Public Radio. The Larry Meiller Show.
- Sirius Radio. The Fitness Guru. (Archived.)
- Sustainable Futures
- Outside Magazine Online. (Archived here.)
- Canada.com. (Archived.)
- GearJunkie. The bike that went around the world.
- 12 personal travel websites that will make you quit your day job.
- 21 bicycle tourers share their best packing list advice from MightyGoods. (Archived here.)
- After 59 Countries, It’s Time to Share My Best Bikepacking Tips and Experiences. (Archived here.)
- And my story has been featured on hundreds of websites, like WOOW.bike. (Archived.)
- The Mankind Project. What does greatness ask of you?
- Dozens of miscellaneous online blogs, such as Sharing Travel Experiences or Bike Rumor.
Please see Scott’s YouTube channel for a media playlist.
Newspaper and Magazine
- The New York Times and the NYT slide show
- The San Francisco Chronicle
- The San Diego Tribune
- Infobae. (Reprinted in dozens of Latin American countries.)
- Korean Daily Economic
- The Buenos Aires Herald. Reprint.
- The Korean Economic Daily.
- The Milwaukee Journal. (My favorite full-page, 4c newspaper story; unfortunately, this story has been archived.)
However, the follow-up story is currently available. JSOnline.
- NUVO. Indy’s Alternative Voice.
- Santa Maria Times
- Scouting Magazine
- Silent Sports Magazine. A great interview and afterword.
- Bicycle Traveler Magazine.
Unfortunately, many newspaper and magazine stories have been archived and aren’t available online:
- The Cape Argus, Cape Town South, Africa. It’s been a long pedal.
- Momentum Magazine, Vancouver, Canada
- 24 Seven Magazine (Taiwan)
- The Edmonton Journal and Canada.com
- The San Francisco Examiner
- The Tribune
- The Waukesha Freeman
- The Milwaukee Magazine. Tour de Force.
- M Magazine. Have wheels, will travel.
- The Bay News (Morro Bay, CA)
- The Wanderer, Hostelling International
- And more
- “By the Seat of My Pants,” Lonely Planet. My journey was chronicled in the anthology edited by Don George.
- “Pedal Power: Inspirational Stories from the World of Cycling.”
- And, of course, my own Falling Uphill.
Partners and Sponsors
I’m working on making this section more presentable. Please see Partners and Sponsors.
- Wigwam Socks. Who inspires you? Newsletter and website. (Archived.)
- The San Diego International Hostel Association. Newsletter and website. (Archived.)
- Waterford Precision Cycles. Catalog front cover, newsletter and website. (Archived.)
- Dozens of newsletters for other events and sponsors.