We hope you enjoy these thought-provoking questions, quizzes and more. Please send us any ideas you have.
Reader’s Group Guide
A list of thought-provoking questions to help your group re-live the adventures of Falling Uphill: One man’s quest for happiness, and perhaps re-imagine the possibilities of life.
- Download the Reader’s Guide PDF for adults.
- Submit your ideas.
- Scott is also available to visit your reader’s group for a chapter reading or mini slideshow. (Milwaukee, Madison and Chicago metros only.)
- Get bulk discounts on Falling Uphill for your reading club.
- Contact us for details.
The guide to Scott’s slideshow and Falling Uphill: The Young Adult Edition includes an exercise for turning dreams into reality, a world-travel trivia quiz, exercises for planning and mapping a world adventure, travel writing lessons, class discussions, Backyard Adventure assignments and more. I spent a week to create this extensive lesson, so it is only available upon request, please contact us.
Bulk discounts for your classroom are available. Scott is also available to visit in-person or through Skype video conference. More info.
Inspire your students to:
- To be the creators of their own life.
- To begin imagining the “impossible”
- To develop basic life skills.
- To begin mapping their own adventures, whether that be artist, scientist or street sweeper.
- To peek into the world’s cultures, politics, geography and amazing diversity…
- To motivate students to partake in regular physical activity and proper nutrition.
- To educate students to live a sustainable life.
More online resources for teachers:
- Backyard Adventures assignments. (More adventures posted all the time.)
- Black and white blank map for students to map their own route.
- See the intro to Scott’s adventure for maps and country list.
- Recommended Movies
- External resources for travel ideas.